WHAT IT DOES:
1. Promotes regeneration of islets of pancreas to increase secretion of insulin and utilization of glucose.
2. GYMNEMA (Gymnemic acid) is similar to glucose molecule, filling the receptor location on the taste buds thereby preventing it’s activation by sugar molecule
3. The Hypoglycemic and Hypolipidemic effect of Berberine (ByBerGC ) were similar, compared with the first line clinical drugs: Metformin & Rosiglitazone
4. HbA1c drop out is more with Berberine compared with Metformin
5. ByBerGC reduces diabetic complications
MODE OF ACTION:
Its insulin-independent hypoglycemic effect is related to
1. Inhibition of mitochondrial function
2. Stimulation of glycolysis
3. Activation of AMPK pathway.
4. It act as an α-glucosidase inhibitor.
5. In the newly-diagnosed type 2 diabetic patients, it is able to lower blood insulin level via enhancing insulin sensitivity. However, in patients with poor β-cell function, it may improve insulin secretion via resuscitating exhausted islets.
6. As per studies it may have extra beneficial effects on diabetic cardiovascular complications due to its cholesterol-lowering, anti-arrhythmias and nitric oxide (NO) inducing properties. The antioxidant and aldose reductase inhibitory activities may be useful in alleviating diabetic nephropathy.
There are no reviews yet.